Hi, everyone,
Thanks to everyone who's helped with meals, or stopped to visit me, or just sent texts asking how I was. It has really made me happy :).
Since I got a few texts asking about it, I thought I'd write a brief update on how things have been going.
1. First, the good news! I had some better days, starting around a week ago, and was feeling pretty good last weekend (when some friends visited). I managed to walk around the block, and up the stairs. I could cook and I drove a car. I've been going cane-free. I went to Rochesterfest on Wednesday.
2. Today and yesterday have been rougher, perhaps because of lack of sleep, or because I overdid it at some point in my excitement at being able to walk? I'm back sitting on the deck chair again, if anyone wants to stop by for a beer. I'm hoping for more progress, obviously, but it's nice to know that there can/will be better days.
3. I got my cortisone shot on Tuesday. The day of the shot went really well (I felt great in the morning before the shot, and for the rest of the day). It's probably too soon to say much about whether it worked. I feel better than I did two weeks ago, but maybe not as well as last weekend. My sense is still that it might be a disc/nerve issue, and it might not be (or, it might be a disc issue plus something else).
4. My symptoms at this point definitely feel much more like "nerve" pain than muscle pain. There's often "electric" pain down my left leg and both feet, my hips are tight/weird, and my lower back/upper glutes constantly feel like they are tingling/squirming/twitching, as they have been for around a month. Too much movement seems to aggravate things. If that gives anyone new ideas, guess away!
5. I have a spine center appointment in mid-July.
No comments:
Post a Comment