Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Some (Unambiguously!) Good News

Sorry for the long posting hiatus--June has felt a bit like purgatory, and I wasn't quite sure what to say (more on that in a later post, though). Today I have two bits of unambiguously good news:
  1. My beta-HCG levels are still < 0.5, which is precisely where I want them to be.
  2. My CT scan this morning showed improvement re: the residual masses on my lung. It sounds like the smallest mass would no longer even be worthy of biopsy. So, if things continue in this vein, it's very possible I'll avoid surgery altogether.
My next (and maybe final) appt. with my oncologist is on Friday, July 6. I'll also have to have surgery to remove the port in my chest, but I've already decided that I should look on that as a mini-vacation (no lifting of heavy objects, too drugged up to do much beyond watch TV, and so on).

Assuming nothing goes awry, I think I can finally be comfortable with saying I'm "in remission." I'll try to write a treatment wrap-up post in the next week or so, just to recount my (ongoing) recovery.

1 comment: